Bliss balls are a nice treat or snack option to enjoy with a fragrant and warm cup of tea or a hot cup of black coffee mid morning. That’s how I enjoy them! They are a nutrient dense snack option to prepare on the weekend and stock up for the week. They are a practical and low glycaemic snack option to pack for work. A good suggestion to make these bliss balls lunch box friendly is to substitute the almond meal with hemp seeds, or a hemp, flaxmeal and chia seeds blend.
Sweet potato, quinoa & almond bliss balls
- Food processor
- 1 cup baked and mashed sweet potato (oven baked or boiled)
- 1 ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (equivalent 1/3 cup dry cooked with 1 cup water)
- 1 cup mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds processed in a blender or food processor
- 1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon chia seeds soaked in half cup water for 4 hours
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1 scoop of grass fed beef collagen or protein powder
- Hemp seeds and desiccated coconut for rolling the balls
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix using your hands until all ingredients are well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to measure half a spoon of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Roll the balls in hemp seeds or desiccated coconut for finishing.
- Repeat until all the mixture is finished.