Client records, Privacy and Confidentiality: Nutrition Consults
Leuza Kyne is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of our clients and health records in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles from Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. Only information that is relevant is collected by this practice and kept strictly confidential, accessed and used only for the provision of care to our clients.
All personal information provided to us through clinic forms, gathered during consultation, communications via phone calls and emails is protected by client confidentiality. Your private information will never be disclosed or discussed outside of the consulting room without your consent.
However, health care professionals have a duty of care to protect their service user and the general public. Circumstances where information provided by you may de disclosed:
- contact next of kin, carer, family or relevant authorities in the event where there is a threat to your own or other person’s life or health.
- Client will be notified in the event disclosure and release of client information is requested by a magistrate court for the purpose of criminal law enforcement, or for prevention or lessening serious threat to the client or another person’s life or health.
Personal information is only provided to our trusted partners for the provision of health care services to you, as described below:
- If you have agreed to be referred to another health care professional and has given consent for disclosure of information and health records.
- If you have agreed to be referred for biochemical and/or functional pathology tests. I will ask your consent to use your personal information to set up a client account with laboratory companies providing Pathology tests.
Access to your health records
- Clients may request access to their records, and the provision of copies of records will be forwarded to another provider or delivered in person by signing a consent to release health records, or provision of a power of attorney.
- All records are confidential and will not be released to third parties without a written client consent.
Leuza Kyne abides by the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland)