How I work
Online consults only – Currently not offered
I am available for online nutrition consults via zoom or skype. I am currently on leave and not practicing as at January 2021, as I am studying a Masters Degree. I will update this page as soon as I resume practice. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Adult (60-75 mins / $135)*
Chidren 0-12 yrs old (60 mins / $110)
As a holistic nutritionist, I can assess your nutritional requirements according to gender, age and lifestyle needs to provide individualized nutrition plans using the power of foods, wholesome nutrition, and nutrients as therapeutics to revitalize and support the body’s mechanisms in restoring harmony, balance, and self-heal. A typical initial consult with me involves:
- Discussion of your presenting health concern;
- Assessment of current health status, relevant family history and physical examination;
- Analysis of your dietary habits and digestive function;
- Discussion of important lifestyle factors such as: stress levels, sleep, mental and emotional wellbeing, environmental chemical exposures if relevant, analysis of recent pathology tests (previous 6-12 months – if available please bring them);
- Writing a comprehensive treatment plan based on your health goals. This may include: dietary advice and adjustments, prescription of specifics foods to be included in the diet, recipes and lifestyle or mindfulness activities to support the achievement of your health goals.
- If required, I can also refer or request relevant laboratory and functional testing to better understand your health status, and inform my recommendations as to the best treatment options available for your specific health needs.
*Consult fees include health assessment, a comprehensive nutritional & lifestyle plan, recipe suggestions and/or meal plan sample, referral for pathology tests (if applicable). Where needed, any prescribed supplements are invoiced separately.
Adult (30-45 mins / $75)
Chidren 0-12 yrs old (30 mins / $60)
First return visit is usually booked within two to four weeks after the initial consultation. Number and frequency of return visits are determined on a case by case basis, and will depend on your health goals and needs. During these consultations we will monitor progress, review supplements (dosage, changes in prescription, de-prescription when supplementation is no longer needed), discuss any barriers, modifications to your treatment plan, patient education on their holistic health assessment and how to optimize their health, review any pathology tests (when relevant).
Consultations may cover the following topics depending on your unique health concerns and goals:
- Food Diary Analysis – discussion of software analysis report of food intake to assess energy and nutrient intake, determine deficiencies and/or surplus and how the results relates to symptoms (when needed).
- Identification of food sensitivity and/or intolerance and how they may be affecting your health.
- Support for a balanced plant food diet for vegetarians and vegans to ensure optimal health.
- Support for gut flora and digestive health.
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations to improve mood, manage depression and support mental health.
- Support hormone balance – ensure your dietary pattern include foods to reduce inflammation and support hormonal metabolism for conditions such as cycle irregularities, PCOS, Endometriosis, Oestrogen dominance.
- Support management of insulin resistance (pre-diabetes), diabetes type 2, gestational diabetes – ensure your dietary pattern supports normal blood sugars and insulin levels, improve insulin sensitivity.
- Support management of autoimmune conditions including: Graves disease, Hashimotos, Coeliac disease, Lupus, Diabetes type 1, Sjogren’s syndrome – ensure your dietary pattern minimizes inflammatory foods and address any food sensitivities/intolerance that may be contributing to immune activation and disease progress.
- Preconception, pregnancy and post-pregnancy nutrition – dietary recommendations to support healthy ovulation and conception, healthy foetal development, birth, recovery post-birth and breastfeeding.
- Management of allergies, skin conditions, recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Support for weight loss and management.
As a qualified health professional, often my work requires the interpretation of test results. Pathology tests help me to better understand the unique nutritional needs of my clients. From time to time I may request functional tests. These are requested on a strict case by case basis. Biochemical and functional tests are helpful to better understand the client’s health needs, and inform my decisions regarding diet, supplement and lifestyle recommendations to help each client achieve an optimal level of health. I can use a range of functional tests:
- Comprehensive stool analysis – this test has 5 different levels of testing to assess the function of the gastrointestinal system, presence of parasites, bacteria, fungi, yeasts, viruses, commensal species, tumor and ulcer markers.
- GI Map – helps to understand which species of bacteria and pathogens are present, describes the nature and impact of these organisms found in the microbiome.
- Urinary organic acid analysis – provides an assessment of intestinal yeast and bacteria, markers for vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitters metabolism, and oxalates.
- DUTCH Hormone – assess adrenal function, hormones production and metabolism. This test also measures cortisol, cortisone rhythms and levels, and estrogen metabolism pathways. The result may help understand underlying causes for fatigue, hormone and infertility, sleep issues and others.
- Hair mineral and heavy metals – useful to assess mineral status and investigate suspected heavy metal toxicities.